Maratona dles Dolomites Camp
While the Pyrenees are beautiful, and the Alps big, the Dolomites are simply dramatic. Year after year, the Giro d’Italia returns to the Dolomites for the challenge its steep and twisting roads provide and for the scenery that leaves viewers everywhere wishing they were in Italy! For 31 years, the Maratona dles Dolomites (Maratona Dolomiti) has taken tens of thousands of riders over some of the most beautiful and iconic passes in the Dolomites, including the Pordoi, Sella, Giau, and Valparola. The allure is so great that more than 30,000 people apply but only 9,000 get in! Velo Veneto’s Maratona Dolomiti camp not only guarantees you entry into this prestigious and sold-out event, but also offers you expert local support across this challenging cycling terrain. You will experience the route itself, as well as some of our other favorite passes and roads in Alta Badia. This gives you a chance to fully experience this area, known as the heart of the Dolomites. When you’re done with the ride, you’ll be able to relax in our hotel’s Wellness Area – which includes a pool, hot tubs, saunas, and available massage and spa treatments. From arrival to departure, you’ll be looked after with the best support, enjoy the best food, and take in the best roads and scenery!
Arrival: June 27, 2017
Departure: July 3, 2017
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
$3,600 double accommodations
Single Supplement: $600
Extra Nights: $325/night
(Available beginning July 3)
Riders Only! Due to extremely high demand, our non-rider discount does not apply for this camp.
2017 Maratona dles Dolomites (Maratona Dolomiti) Itinerary:
- Day 1, June 27: Arrive in Venice, and join our private transfer to our hosts in Corvara, the Posta Zirm Hotel. Our mechanic will help you assemble your bike, or fit you to your rental. You’ll learn what’s in store this week with a training plan overview, and meet your fellow riders at our happy hour. Morning arrivals will have a chance to head out for a short ride.
- Day 2-5, June 28 – July 1: Our daily itinerary will take in 55-120km (35-75 mile) rides through the gorgeous scenery of the Dolomites in Alta Badia and the Veneto. Loops include the Sella Ronda, Marmolada, Giau, Valparola, San Pellegrino, and Passo delle Erbe. Rides will be chosen on weather conditions and group energy levels. Options to go harder or easier are always available.
- Day 6, July 2: Today’s the day – the Maratona Dolomiti starts early. You’ll be prepared with a nutritious breakfast at the hotel before rolling down to the start. Our guides will be available to grab extra clothing and dispense last minute advice. You’re off – have a great ride! With the hotel situated just beyond the finish, you’ll be able to freshen up before we head over to the pasta party for recovery, tall-tale telling, and a great time.
- Day 7, July 3: All good things must come to and end, unless you want to extend your trip to the Veneto! For those heading home, our private transfer will take you back to Venice for your flight home. For those joining us in the Veneto, a short drive is all we need to enjoy even more great riding from the Velo Veneto HQ at the base of Monte Grappa.
- Extend Your Trip: 2017 is Velo Veneto’s 32nd season of cycling camps in Northern Italy. We invite you to stay and find out why thousands of cyclists journey to this amazing corner of the world to ride, train, race, and enjoy la dolce vita with us. Riders at our Maratona Dolomiti camp enjoy a discount on additional days. Learn more!
Maratona dles Dolomites:
The Maratona Dolomiti – Starting in 1987 (just one year after Velo Veneto), what began as a celebration of the local cycling club’s 10th anniversary has turned into one of the most important cycling events in Europe, and a must-do event for riders the world over! With over 9,000 participants and 30,000 applications, entries are at a premium. Our package not only guarantees entry to the event, but provides you with the best support up to and after the Maratona, in some of the most beautiful locations in the world.
- Airport and ground transfers
- 6 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel
- Three daily meals including beverages
- Daily guided ride in the Dolomites
- Follow-car and mechanic support
- Souvenir Bibshorts and Jersey
- Maratona dles Dolomites (Maratona Dolomiti) entry
- Discount on extra days at Velo Veneto’s Italian Race Camp