Granfondo Pinarello Camp
Like the bicycle company itself, the Granfondo Pinarello has undergone many changes in recent years. A variety of routes over the past several years has resulted in a course taking in many of the same roads and climbs done on famous local group rides, and the two main climbs include a section of old Roman road and the famous hairpins-in-tunnels of the Passo San Boldo. This event is a celebration of what many consider to be the best riding roads in Italy (there’s a reason so many Italian pros live and train in the area). The combination of flat farmland, Prosecco vineyard hills, and the first big climbs of the Dolomites – all are included in the route of la Pinarello. The event starts and finishes in front of the Pinarello storefront in Treviso.
Like most in Italy, this event will fill up – especially with the limit of 500 non-Italian riders. Our camp offers fantastic pre-event training in the Veneto with daily guided rides, places you in the heart of the Italian cycling industry, enjoys fresh and local Italian foods and wine, and of course offers a guaranteed place in the Gran Fondo.
Arrival: July 10, 2017
Departure: July 17, 2017
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
Price: $2450 double accommodations
Single Supplement: $300
2017 Granfondo Pinarello Camp:
- Monday, July 10: Arrival and transfer to our home base. Morning arrivals will have time for a short break-in ride this afternoon.
- Tuesday, July 11 – Friday, July 14: The Veneto is known for its fantastic riding, and we’ll have our choice this week of flat farmland rides, rolling vineyard-covered hills, and even our own Dolomite mountain, the Monte Grappa. We’ll also have the chance to see how the local bubbly, Prosecco, is made from one of the region’s historic producers.
- Saturday, July 15: Warmup ride previewing some of the Gran Fondo roads, including the final climbs, and picking up our numbers and registration packets (swag!).
- Sunday, July 16: Pinarello Gran Fondo! Choose from medio (118km), or lungo (171km). After a post-event massage, enjoy a Farewell Dinner this evening.
- Monday, July 17: All good things must come to an end, and today you’ll return to Venice for flights home.
- Airport and ground transfers
- 7 nights accommodation
- Three daily meals including beverages
- Daily guided ride through Prosecco country
- Wine tasting event
- Souvenir Bibshorts and Jersey
- Granfondo Pinarello entry
- Commemorative souvenir gift bag