Gran Fondo Stelvio Camp
2017 Stelvio Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini Camp – June 6 – 12
As seen in Outside Magazine!
In a short amount of time, the Grand Fondo Stelvio has become a favorite event in northern Italy. The deceptively fast roll down the valley quickly becomes difficult with a right turn and a stiff climb. Head back up the valley and another right points you up the fearsome Mortirolo. If that wasn’t enough, your day ends with the 20km challenge of the Stelvio. This event is your chance to follow the pedal strokes of Giro d’Italia heroes with your own escape through the Italian Alps.
Before the main event, this challenging camp will tackle the Gavia, Mortirolo, and Stelvio, and other climbs you won’t believe aren’t already famous. Don’t delay—this camp sells out every year!
Arrival: June 6, 2017
Departure: June 12, 2017
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
Price: $3600 double accommodations
Single Supplement: $600
2017 Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini – Camp Itinerary
- Tuesday, June 6: Arrive before noon in Milan and join our private transfer to Bormio. Morning arrivals will have time for a short break-in ride this afternoon.
- Wednesday – Friday, June 7 – 9: Famous climbs like the Mortirolo and Gavia are on our list, while lesser known and smaller options will keep us fresh for the big event on Sunday. Your afternoons will be free to wander through Bormio’s pedestrian shopping zone or visit the thermal baths for a restorative break. The evenings have us visiting Bormio’s best restaurants for Italian mountain cuisine.
- Saturday, June 10: We’ll help you prepare for the Gran Fondo with a warmup ride from Bormio, previewing some of the Gran Fondo roads and keeping the legs rolling over.
- Sunday, June 11: Gran Fondo Stelvio! Choose from corto (60km), medio (138km), or lungo (151km, including the Mortirolo!). Farewell dinner this evening in Bormio.
- Monday, June 12: Return to Milan for afternoon flights home.
Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini
Mirroring the nail-biting finish of the 2012 Giro d’Italia Stage 20, where Thomas de Gendt attacked on the descent of the Mortirolo and held off a charging group of favorites for the win between walls of snow, the Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini gives you the chance to follow that same route and make a break of your own. After a fast downhill start, you’ll warm up with the climb out of Teglio. Heading back up the hill, your next challenge is the Mortirolo, with its final 3km all over 20%! A technical downhill leads to a gentle ascent up the valley and the final 20km up the Stelvio – save some for the finish as the last 3km are the hardest!
Arrival: Tuesday, June 6
Departure: Monday, June 12
Cost: $3,600 double accommodation
Single Room Supplement: $600
Inclusions: Private transfer from Milan Malpensa airport, double accommodations in a 3 or 4 star hotel, 3 meals per day including beverages, entry to the 2017 Stelvio Gran Fondo, Souvenir Bibshorts & Jersey, spa discounts, bike storage with video surveillance, ride guides, and full sag support.Sign Me Up! Notify me about future trips!