Dolomites Cycling Adventure
Considered the “Heart of the Dolomites”, the amazing Hotel Posta Zirm in Corvara is our base for the Dolomites Cycling Adventure. You will quickly settle into the routine of riding challenging and gorgeous routes day-in and day-out, surrounded by stunning and dramatic Dolomite cliffs and peaks. Make sure your camera has a large memory card! Since we’ll be challenging you on the bike, our hotel’s spa is likely to become familiar as well. You may want more than your included massage.
Over the course of this week, we will climb some of the most beautiful and iconic mountain passes in the Dolomites, including Passo Pordoi, Sella, Giau, Valparola, and Erbe. Our full support means you’ll never be far from your favorite food, drinks, and warm clothes for the descents. Family hospitality (and a big lunch!) waits for you after each ride, and you’ll have the choice of relaxing every afternoon in the wellness area of our 4-star hotel, which has a pool, hot tub, saunas, spa, and massage treatments. Evenings are filled with great local food, wine, and stories. Join us for this unforgettable week!
Arrival: June 18, 2016
Departure: June 24, 2016
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
Price: $3150 double accommodations
Single Supplement: $450
2016 Dolomites Cycling Camp Itinerary:
Train with the Cylance Pro Team
Riders from the Cylance Pro Cycling Team will be joining us for an altitude camp in between the Aviva Women’s Tour and the Giro d’Italia. This is your chance to train with top pros in the mountains!
- Saturday, June 18: Arrive in Venice. We’ll bring you to our hosts in Corvara, Hotel Posta Zirm. After a bike build, we’ll head out on a short warmup ride. A welcome happy hour and dinner will keep you awake through the jet lag.
- Sunday, June 19: You’ll be welcomed to the Dolomites on Sella Ronda Bike Day. This is your chance in 2016 to ride the famous Sella Ronda route over four Dolomite passes with all roads closed to car traffic – nothing but bikes! Of course, this means our follow car support won’t be available today, but our team will be out on the bike with you, and thousands of other cyclists, enjoying this unique and annual event.
- Monday-Thursday, June 20-23: Each morning, we’ll head out on a ride through the Dolomites that will challenge your legs and amaze your eyes. One cycling writer called our “extended” version of the Sella Ronda loop the “best ride ever.” You’ll have the chance to ride all the climbs from the 2016 Giro d’Italia’s Queen Stage (though not all in one day!), The Posta Zirm’s Wellness Area will help you recover, as will our included massage. Afternoon sessions with Cylance Pro riders will give you insights into training and racing. You’ll also learn about the unique “Ladino” cuisine typical of this valley.
- Friday, June 24: Reality awaits, as we take you to the Venice airport for your flight home – OR, extend the fantasy by staying in Venice for the weekend.
Cycling in the Dolomites:
If there was one word to describe the Dolomites, it would be dramatic. Cliffs and spires jut above the ribbons of road carved into the hillsides. The hub of cycling in the Dolomites is Corvara. Directly out your front door is the Sella Massif (sometimes called the “Wedding Cake” for it flat, tiered appearance) and the Sella Ronda, plus Passos Valparola, Falzarego, and Giau – all of which play a critical role in the Queen Stage of the 2016 Giro d’Italia. Cycling is such an important part of the economy here that passes are regularly repaved to ensure great cycling year after year.
- Airport and ground transfers
- 6 nights in family-run 4-star hotel
- Three meals per day including all beverages
- Daily guided ride with sag support
- Spa treatment
- Souvenir Bibshorts and Jersey